F Things I Will Tell My Unconfident Self if I Was My Best Friend - My Local Adventures Blog

Things I Will Tell My Unconfident Self if I Was My Best Friend

I was inspired to write something like a letter to myself considering that I was my own best friend. I used to do this in my head and it made me want to hear more positive things about myself - from me.

I got to ask myself what will I see in myself if I was my best friend? And I realized that I will see more positive than negative, more good than bad in myself, more strengths than weaknesses, and more capabilities and abilities than inabilities.


Things I Will Tell My Unconfident Self if I Was My Best Friend

Therefore, if I were my best friend, I will say...


- You deserve to live your dreams and passions. Go for it and don't hold back!

- You didn't get to where you are by chance. You worked hard for it and so you deserve it! 

- Your opinion matters. You deserve to be heard. Your opinion counts and can make a huge impact!

-  You got what it takes. You are intelligent and smart. Never think less of yourself! Never ever! 

- It is human to make mistakes. Live your humanity and grab the opportunity to learn!

- You are enough and unique! Nobody got nothing on you. You have your own valuable contribution and impact to make in any situation or problem you find yourself in. Go ahead and add your uniqueness to the world!

- Your strength defines you! You have your weaknesses but you are also full of strength. 

- You are a work in progress. The best is yet to come! 

After saying all these to myself, I begin to feel an emptiness in me being filled up. Like the saying goes:

"Feed your faith and your insecurities will starve to death."

 

What I realized is I would rather highlight the good things I know about my best friend to make them feel confident.

I enjoyed this exercise because it uplifted me and filled me where I felt empty. I hope it helps someone out there to feel more confident too.


CONVERSATION

18 Comments:

  1. I absolutely love this- what beautiful self talk. I especially love the one about faith and insecurities- so true. When I go through my hardest times, that's when my faith really gets me through. Beautiful post and reminder to be kind to myself first and then it will allow me to be kinder to others always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Jamie! You are so sweet.

      Delete
  2. This is so useful and I've done the same in the past. Anxiety can really alter our perception, especially when it comes to confidence and self-doubt. You keep telling yourself what you need to hear, I'm sure you'll do amazingly well volunteering! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this.... if I were to tell myself something it would be to not be afraid to make my dreams a reality and consider them plans not dreams... shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fear and anxiety can be very challenging but the key is to stay positive. You are your own best friend and your inner self will never doubt you. Dive in and embrace this moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing message here. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful and inspirational takeaways from this! I'm going to need to try this exercise also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your post. It so funny I just opened a letter I wrote to my self 10 years ago! So so important to go for your dreams, and really believe your opinion matters! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and useful post! How was the event?

    ReplyDelete