F Recipe: Pepper Soup Bush Meat - Monitoring Lizard - My Local Adventures Blog

Recipe: Pepper Soup Bush Meat - Monitoring Lizard

Welcome to another recipe guys. I'm glad you found my blog and decided to click on this link. Thanks a million.
 
Today, I am sharing with you a recipe which I find interesting. Why do I say it's interesting? This is because though the meal smelled so good and everyone who ate it seemed to enjoy it, I wouldn't eat it.

You guys know that I like to be honest with you and I speak my truth. I can't eat this meat but I know that there are some people who eat it and enjoy it. So I decided to share it on my blog for those of you who like to eat this meat - that is a big lizard.

This animal is called the Monitor Lizard. I personally think it's frightful and that's one of the reasons why I don't eat it. In French, it is known as Varan

There are many types of monitor lizards. I don't know what specie this one is but it was somehow colourful and that was another turn-off for me. I don't like eating colourful animals like fish and birds with multiple bright colours.

If you have read this post till now then bravo for surviving my negative views about eating this animal. If you still want to know how to cook this meat well and enjoy it then let's get right into the recipe.

How To Cook Pepper Soup Bush Meat - Monitoring Lizard


Recipe: Pepper Soup Lizard - Bush Meat


Ingredients


- Lizard

- Onion

- Garlic

- Ginger

- Pepper

- Masopo leaves

- Njangsa

- Rondelles

- Deux Cotés

- White pepper / Poivre blancs

- Seasoning

ground spices


Chopped masopo leaves

masopo tree
Masopo tree

masopo leaves
Masopo leaves


Cooking


- Put the lizard on the fire to make it easy to take off its skin.

- After peeling off the skin of the lizard, open up the belly and take out all the inner organs.

- Cut it into pieces and put it in a pot to boil.

- Grind the ingredients and add to the boiling pot.

- Add seasoning (salt and Maggi) and let it boil till it's ready.

- Add the Masopo leaves at the end of the cooking.

- Serve with rice, plantains or any tubers of your choice.























This sure looks appetising and it smelled so good. Bonne appetit to those of you who enjoy eating this kind of meat. 


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment