F Saving the environment creatively at the Greenpeace #makesomethng2022 event - My Local Adventures Blog

Saving the environment creatively at the Greenpeace #makesomethng2022 event

This is officially my first blog post for November, and I'm happy it's a good start. Hope you guys are doing well. 


I was part of the Greenpeace Cameroon Make Something Week event on the 25th of November 2022 at the University of Yaounde 2 Soa. 

The event was fun and I must say it made the child in every one of us who attended resurface. I loved how everyone was playfully creative. 

For this event, my outfit for the day was my volunteer t-shirt, black jeans, sneakers and a matching tote bag. It was essential to be in a comfortable outfit because my job as a social media manager requires me to be on my feet as I go around taking pictures and videos. 

OOTD

Outfit for the day 

Taking a bottle to be used for recycling

Arrival at the campus of the university of Yaoundé 2 Soa


The aim of the "makesmthng2022 is to teach people that they can recycle waste by being creative. We transformed plastic and glass bottles into decorative items. I even made earrings from a plastic bottle and some paint. 

The theme for the event

Demonstration by our creative expert Marjorie

Demo decoration

Demo decoration

Me at work 😃

I just went with the flow of my creativity.



I'm such a talented artist 😍😉

Don't mind how rough it looks, that's where the art is. 😉

Here is the earring I told you I made from plastic bottle and paint.

A glimpse of what we made.


I got home exhausted but happy because it was a very educative event and it was highly appreciated by the students who joined us.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment