F Back Home & Blogging - My Local Adventures Blog

Back Home & Blogging

Today marks one week one day since I returned to Yaoundé. I've been gone for almost six months. It's amazing how things have changed during that time. People I haven't seen for a while now look older. It's like I haven't seen them in years. I wonder if I would have noticed the changes if I were around them all these six months.

It was great staying at my mom's. But I missed my home. There are always things that you can't do elsewhere but your home. So it's good to be back home and to my old habits. The loneliness is quite minimal as my daughter is making sure that my job as a 'watchwoman' is taken seriously. This coupled with the tone of cleaning and organizing that I have been doing in the past week is enough to take me to a coma when it's sleep time.

Apart from being back in Yaoundé, I'm glad o be back to blogging. I didn't take a very visible break but my mind was somehow in a state of a break. My computer getting bad, preparations to travel and the cleaning right here in Yaoundé made might have been reasons for me not to blog but they came at the right time. I was actually contemplating prolonging the break so that I can finish with my school project first but I changed my mind. While I intend to keep blogging on the low and give priority to my project because it is long overdue and I need to get rid of it by getting it done in the shortest time possible. So there will be blog posts regularly right here. I pray to God that I find the strength to do so. 

Now that the organizing phase of my home is almost over, I am moving to the laundry phase. The heap is huge but what's worse is that there was a water cut so laundry was postponed for a while. The water returned this morning so I put most of the clothes in water for washing later.

home, yaounde, blogger home, organize, floor

soak clothes for washing, basin, bath, handwash

blogging, yaounde , home, cameroon, laundry, bamenda

The heap of laundry was right under my working table and I couldn't even stretch my legs as I sat to type this blog post. I intend to wash my pillows too so I guess that's what's making the pile huge. My daughter's clothes that were left in the box caught moisture because of a leak in the ceiling during our absence, so most of them have some stains. I'm hoping that the stains will come out during washing though I am afraid they won't. 

I'm glad life is settling down already. Feels good to be back and ready to face life again.


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment