F 5 Ways I Care For My Mental Health At 1 Month Postpartum - My Local Adventures Blog

5 Ways I Care For My Mental Health At 1 Month Postpartum

Hope this post meets you well. How are you doing? 

I'm doing well and I am happy to write to you today.

I am at one month postpartum and recovering from the birth of my baby by CS has not only been physical but mental as well. 

So today I am sharing with you the ways in which I care for my mental health at this stage of my healing.


5 Ways I Care For My Mental Health At 1 Month Postpartum


Going for daily walks



If you follow me on Instagram you would already know about the walks I go for every day. The main reason for these walks was to help my CS wound heal faster and to practice walking again but it took the first walk to realize that my mental health was benefiting from it as well.





I now do it for my physical and mental health. It helps me have time alone, breathe some fresh air as I spend most of my time at home and also serves as a distraction that helps me to relax.


Sleeping and resting



Though I experienced some insomnia the first days after the operation, I also realized that having some good sleep helped me feel relaxed and think better. 

Initially, I used the periods of insomnia to do other things like scroll through my phone or to work. But I realized that the lack of sleep and rest affected me mentally. As a result, I tried to lie down during the day even if I didn't feel sleepy.


Watching and listening to ASMR



Just like I did during my first CS, I watch ASMR videos to relax my mind and to get some sleep.


Eating balanced meals








Food is not only meant for the body but for the mind. A balanced meal with fruits helps me to be strong mentally.


Blogging



Putting my thoughts and ideas out there and most of all sharing my knowledge is my therapy. 



It helps me feel productive and good about myself. It makes me feel useful and fulfilled. And that is good for my mental health.


In the future, I intend to include yoga. 

Mental health is as important as physical health that's why I pay attention to it. 


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment