F I Didn't Want Another C-Section | Having Baby Number Two (Preparation & Healing) - My Local Adventures Blog

I Didn't Want Another C-Section | Having Baby Number Two (Preparation & Healing)

How are you doing? I know it's been a few weeks since I posted a blog post. That's because your favourite lifestyle blogger is now a mom of two! 


I had baby number two a few weeks ago on my birthday 🎂. Yes, while others are making wishes and blowing candles on their birthdays I was having a C Section and giving birth to my son. What a way to celebrate and I got the most priceless gifts for my birthday. He's such a cute boy.


These past weeks have been painful healing weeks for me. The pains of the c section were all over my body. I've also been able to get over the fear of the surgery and acknowledge my bravery in the course of facing my fears. 


I thank God immensely for his protection and healing mercies. If not for him I will not be here.


I Didn't Want Another C-Section | Life Update | Having Baby Number Two (Preparation & Healing)


I didn't want to have a c section again.


Writing this makes me remember the knife and scissors that cut open my belly.                                  


I almost saw the process through the reflection of the mirror of the lamp above me. But I looked away. I didn't have the heart to witness it. I hate the sight of blood. 


What I realized at that moment was that there comes a time when a mother has to be strong for their kids. And indeed that moment when I was awake, lying on the operation bed, waiting for my baby to be born and shown to me was one of the most frightful moments for me. But I'm glad I got through it despite the desire to ask them to make me sleep through it. 


And it paid off. I saw my son first (this time before other family members). And it was worth it because that was a special never-experienced-before-moment for me.

Ngumabi
Four days after putting to bed 

But a few weeks before this moment, I was between hospitals seeking a favourable response. I wanted the doctors to tell me that I could give birth naturally. I wanted to have a natural birth or vaginal birth. 


When my first doctor started telling me about the possibility of another C section, I went to see a second and a third doctor to get other opinions. They shared the same reason why I should have another c section and I was convinced or rather felt like I had no choice.


Preparation


There was a lot of last-minute preparation and I wish we didn't have to wait till the end to get a lot of things done. In the end, I ran from hospital to hospital, doing tests and finally preparing for the c section. Lucky enough we bought the last things the week before I gave birth.


Minutes before I got into the theatre to have my baby. 


We also did a lot of washing and general cleaning of the house to receive our little one.


Healing


We spent five days at the hospital. At the end of it, I was glad to go home. The house was a bit messy but I was so happy to be in my space. The calmness and fresh air were nothing compared to the hospital ward I shared with many other women who had to give birth by C-section. Being home helped my healing progress a lot. 

On our way back home 🏡

Reuniting with my firstborn


I thought I could go back to blogging already. OMG, that was such a joke. My body needed to heal. I was still in pains and felt weak. I could not walk straight and my big postpartum belly made sure of that. It weighed so much on the incision and shortened my breath. I need not say that I couldn't sit up for long as well. I also had headaches when I sit up and sleepless nights.


How was I going to write a blog in this condition? I simply listened to my body and accepted that I needed to heal first. It's been a month and I feel way better. I go for walks to help my body heal fast and to get used to walking again. I eat balanced meals to ensure I find the strength to endure all my daily activities. I don't push myself too hard but I still wish I could do more than I am doing now. This is mostly work-related as I am eager to get back to producing more content, and replenishing my shops by purchasing and creating new items.


I'm happy for the progress, I'm grateful for those around me helping me and seeing my two kids bond every day makes me happy. 


Being a mother of two comes with its own joy and I am adapting to the difficulties one day at a time. I'm learning from my experience every day.

I know I didn't make my pregnancy public and that's just a personal preference that I chose for both of my pregnancies. But I knew that I was eventually going to share the news with you.  As for showing my kids online, it's something that I admire but I will not be doing. They may appear partially in some photos or videos on my Youtube channel. I hope you guys understand this preference and still enjoy the content I make.


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment