F Buying new skin care products & adapting again to Back-to-school lifestyle | Ngumabi - My Local Adventures Blog

Buying new skin care products & adapting again to Back-to-school lifestyle | Ngumabi

Hey everyone. Hope you are doing well. 


It's been a few weeks since I shared any posts here and honestly I was getting bothered by that. I was so busy lately. The transition from holiday to back-to-school has been hectic but thank God it went well. I'm settling in to the changes and adapting now. 

New skin care products and adapting to back to school, Ngumabi

Before school started I did a few extra things for my self care. First I installed and wore my newly got oxblood-coloured wig for the first time. It has became my go-to wig for back to school errands and other outings. Honestly, I didn't expect to use it this much since it is a synthetic wig but I love it. It makes me feel like a b.o.m.b and a million bucks. It makes me feel confident and I love the attention I get because of its colour. 

Red head , wig, synthetic, Ngumabi

Related post coming soon : Reviewing my red synthetic lace wig 

Another remarkable self care I did for myself was preparing myself a meal I had longed to try. I made this poulet a la crème fraîche for the first time and ate it with rice and irish potato chips. It's an easy recipe I came across years ago but I had to search YouTube videos to help me cook it this time. It was delicious. I loved it and it was worth the 7k I spent on buying the fresh cream. When I saw the price I was like - what! But I was ready to make the sacrifice to please myself with this meal. 

Poulet a la crème fraîche fait maison, Ngumabi

Related post coming soon : My first time cooking Poulet a la crème fraîche 

By the time we got to the week before school started, I was wondering if school was really starting the following week because I couldn't just bring myself to accept that I have to start having very early mornings at least five times a week. I'm not an early morning person so you get my struggle. But I've been trying my best. There are days we are late and others are on time. So we thank God for that. 

I'm giving myself time to adapt to the new routine of early mornings and doing homework in the evening. It can be easy to judge or blame yourself for not doing so good at something if you don't consider that you need some time to adapt before you can be more performant or productive. 

By the way October will soon be here and that means we are three months away from the year 2024! I mean, we just said happy new year a while ago so why are we already talking about another year? This is mind-blowing I tell you. The year has gone by so fast in my opinion. 

Related post coming soon : Dear ambitious African woman, how far with your goals for 2023? 

In the meantime I'm optimistic about this new week. It's my second week of using my new skin care products I got last week. I got more sivoderm products for myself and some products for the kids. There's been some changes after I used them this first week so I'm looking forward to how it will be this week. 

New skin care products, Ngumabi

Related post coming soon : My new skin care products | Here is what I got 

I hope you have a great week too and take care of yourself. God bless you and thanks for reading. 

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment