F Life Update | Losing more weight & Self grooming - My Local Adventures Blog

Life Update | Losing more weight & Self grooming

It's been a moment we talked. Hope you all are doing well. 


I just got out of a "functional freeze" and now I feel good writing this post. A functional freeze is similar to a writer's block but it involves the lack of motivation or energy to do many daily tasks in your life. Itt often occurs after a period of intense work or focus to achieve an objective which makes your brain go to rest mood. I didn't understand this until I saw a video on Tiktok talking about it. I'm glad I found that video because it helped me understand what I was experiencing and eventually a solution. That said, let me share with you guys how things have been going lately.

Life Update | Losing more weight & Self grooming

My weight loss so far


A while ago I told you guys about my weight loss journey and since then I've made more progress thanks to more intermittent fasting. I honestly didn't have the strength to workout since I was fasting and I didn't feel like it mentally. I don't know yet how much I weigh now but my body has really improved. I'm proud of myself because the fasting wasn't easy but I did it. I fasted from about 8 pm to midday the next day for a little over a week. During my eating time, I ate normally or just what I needed. I didn't try to eat too much or more than I needed to.

Life Update | Losing more weight & Self grooming

Life Update | Losing more weight & Self grooming

Fitting into clothes is much better though my belly still stands out. But at least I can "suck my belly in" to have a flat tummy. Lol.

We are getting close to looking like the baddie we used to be a few years ago lol. The journey is tough but we thank God. 

And with a touch of white hair color I've been able to pull the baddie look for a few weeks now. 

Reconnecting with my younger version through self grooming


After months and even years of not taking care of my appearance as I used to, I decided to focus on grooming myself back to my younger self. Lol, it's not been an easy journey and I have been trying different things like getting a low cut and also trying different hair colors too. Although my main reason for cutting my hair was to have an easy and low maintenance hairstyle I also wanted to find my face, the face I know - My younger face. Now that I'm satisfied with the younger look, I feel like growing my hair again. We'll see. It's been fun and exciting so far with all the changes I have made with my hair. And I am glad I let myself go on this adventure to try new things and extreme colors.

Life Update | Losing more weight & Self grooming

The long holiday is over and I'm switching to back-to-school mood which is not easy. The school runs will begin very soon. I'm excited about the free alone time I'll get and at the same time I'm bothered by the early mornings I have to start getting use to.

 
I hope you are warming up for the school reopening too. Wishing all you parents a wonderful reopening and all the best in Jesus' name, amen.

Have a blessed month of September.
Take care.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment