F Blogging || How to Start a Blog Without Money - My Local Adventures Blog

Blogging || How to Start a Blog Without Money

Have you wanted to start a blog but thought that it requires a lot of money? Do love blogging but you are scared of keeping up with the cost?

Well, you have come to the right place because today we will be discussing how to start a blog for free.

Blogging || How to Start a Blog Without Money

What do I need to know about blogging?


So you got ideas/things you want to share with others. If the internet is the space you choose to share it on then you should consider blogging. A blog is a web page or site where you can post articles about any topic(s) that you choose, written in a conversational style. 

What can I blog about?

Talking topics, there are many things you can talk about on your blog and it all depends on you. Some blogs are focused on one topic while others are focused on two or more topics. 

One topic blog is called a niche blog. A niche is a target or the people you want to write for. For example, we have fashion blogs, education blogs, health blogs, beauty blogs, parenting/kids blogs, relationship tips blogs, interior decoration blogs, DIY blogs and entertainment blogs. 

If you can't really choose one topic/niche then you can create a Multi-topic/niche blog. Lifestyle blogs, in general, are multi-topic/niche blogs because they cover a wide range of topics. My blog, for example, is a lifestyle blog and I talk about things that affect us in life and how to improve life in health, beauty, fashion, relationship and how to go about day-to-day life issues.

Whatever way you want to do it is up to you. Some people are for the niche blog while others don't mind talking about many topics on their blogs. It's totally up to you. 

Your Blog name

Your blog needs to have a name. Your blog's name may reflect what you want to blog about or you could simply give it your name or nickname. There are blog-name-generating sites which can assist you in creating a name for your blog.

Choose a name you love and will want to keep for a long while. I have changed the name of my blog recently from N'Graffi to Ngumabi which is my name. I should have named it Ngumabi from the beginning but I just wanted to blog anonymously from the onset so I named it something else. 

Even though I still love the previous name of my blog, I think that I needed my blog to represent me even more because I am a lifestyle blogger and I share my experiences so that others can learn from them.

So choose a name that you will want to keep for a long while.

Where Do I start my blog?

There are many platforms where you can start blogging for free. Blogger and WordPress are the most popular platforms and I will recommend any of them for a start. I use blogger and I find it really easy to use. I had to learn how to use it though but it's good for beginners. 

It's easy to start your dream blog on a blogger for free because you can change a number of things like your template and add/remove widgets. 

Blogger belongs to Google and if you have a Google account then you have an account on blogger too. 

How to create a blog on Blogger.com



Sign in 

Insert the blog title

Put in your blog name and address

Choose a template

Click on create a blog

See details below
how to create a blog on blogger free

Your blog name address will include '.blogger.com'. For example, if your blog is called 'my new blog' then the site address will be 'mynewsite.blogger.com'. 

You can start your blog and keep blogging till you are ready to pay for a domain name and hosting fees. When you buy a domain name, the blog's address will become 'mynewsite.com' for example.

Publish your first blog post

Now that your blog is created you can now start blogging. To write your first blog post see the following image.


Next, write your post and publish it. See the image below.



Blogging is like any other skill which you can learn and get good at with time. This is the first step to creating a blog. There is more to learn but the most important thing is to start.

Do a lot of research in areas where you need more clarification (Google it) and learn.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment