F Matte nail polish review | Beauty product review - My Local Adventures Blog

Matte nail polish review | Beauty product review

I did my nails some months ago and saw this new nail polish. It looked less shiny and I would say it looked 'earthy' in a certain way. When I asked about it she said it's the new trend - matte nail polish.

I was eager to try it out but was hesitant then. The next time I went there, I tried it and I actually loved it. I chose a warm grey colour on my hand and an oxblood colour on my toenails. I loved it!

Then a few days ago, I decided to get my nails done myself and I decided to use matte nail polish again. That's why I got this gold matte colour nail polish. 

I decided to share my thoughts on this trend which most girls (like me) are now going for.

So Here Is What I Think Of The Matte Nail Polish 




Why I Love The Matte Nail Polish


- It looks and appears more natural. 


I love natural looks and like I said earlier, the matte nail polish looks earthy. It isn't shiny and looks as if talc powder has been sprinkled on it. That is what makes it look so natural. 

- Attention is focused on the colour of the nail polish and not its shine


The focus of the nail polish is more on the colour since it is not shiny. I discovered this when I used this gold colour. When I look at it I see just the gold and not some shiny nail polish. 


- It dries off really fast


Yes, it gets dry faster. It saves time. So there's less risk of ruining your beautifully done nails.

- It doesn't need the last coat to be applied to it


It's not necessary to use transparent nail polish (nail hardener) on it. 

What I Don't Like About The Matte Nail Polish 



- It may not stay matte throughout. 


By this, I mean that the matte look of the polish fades because it is affected by things your nails come in contact with like oil and water. 

The polish eventually becomes a little shiny over time depending on the things it comes in contact with or that you touch. But it doesn't become as shiny as the shiny nail polishes though.

My Final Thoughts.


I love the matte nail polish trend. I hope it stays for a long time and gets better.
I'm happy it's here but I will still be using shiny nail polish when I feel like it. 



CONVERSATION

2 Comments:

  1. Nice review on the product. It is quite different to have something gold but not shinny, it looks nice! Maybe a matte nail hardener will make the matte finish last longer?
    www.NancyUgo.com

    ReplyDelete