F Why I Started Jogging Six Months After My C-Section - My Local Adventures Blog

Why I Started Jogging Six Months After My C-Section

Recently I had some research to do for my school project which required me to walk a distance. The first day I went out, I returned with a lot of pain below my abdomen precisely around my C-Section scar. I couldn't take my legs up easily as well.

Why I Started Jogging Six Months After My C-Section


mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com ,Why I Started Jogging Six Months After My C-Section

I complained about this pain to my grandma when I got home and she told me that it was because I don't go for walks. And she was right. I hadn't been physically active for the past six months. I did only a few walks at the hospital to help the wound heal and it was painful. Thinking of that right now makes me realise how much healing has taken place. I couldn't walk straight and lifting my leg to take each step was painful and heavy.


After leaving the hospital, I spent my days nursing my baby. I didn't go out much. I only did it when I went for my checkups, baby's vaccination and when I was travelling. That is a lot of staying at home. If I didn't have any of these things to do then I would just stay at home. So I wasn't going for walks outside. I did all of my walking inside the house or within the compound, lol. And to me, it felt enough since I had to do a lot of up and down movements in order to feed and make the baby sleep.

But it wasn't. I felt the proof that day I walked for my research. It got me thinking about taking regular walks outside the house so that my lower abdomen could feel at ease. I didn't start immediately I got the thought though. It took me a month after this incident to start. And that was when my baby turned six months.

I have always been reluctant to do any physical exercise for fear of causing problems to the wound but at this point, my body felt ready to begin working out.

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com, Why I Started Jogging Six Months After My C-Section

I started walking for the first two days. Then I decided to try jogging a little after walking. And that's how I started jogging. On some days when I don't feel like I have enough strength, I just walk or I don't jog at all. I listen to my body and mind a lot in the process. The goal is to push myself to do more but when my body or mind is not really up to it I leave it for another day.

The good thing is that I am motivated on most days to go jogging. But when I'm not motivated, I push myself to still do it. But I won't force myself to jog on a day that my body can't take it. On some days I'm just tired and need more rest or probably sleep instead of jogging.


The fun thing is that I jog only around the house. It doesn't take more than fifteen minutes. Some days I only do five minutes. I jog in my normal clothes and I always thought it was impossible to run or jog in flat shoes or canvas but the ones I use are pretty good. At this point, I've realised that there is no excuse to not start something as long as you can start with what you have.


mylocaladventures.blogspot.com , Why I Started Jogging Six Months After My C-Section

I'm really glad I started jogging and I hope to spread the positive energy and motivation it gives me for my other goals.

If you are thinking of starting a physical activity or workout after a CS my advice will be to start small and listen to how your body responds before you go to the next level. Our bodies are different and so is our healing. So go gently.

If you also had a baby by CS, please share your experience with healing in the comment section.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment