F 6 Things Moms Need Daily To Stay Healthy Physically & Mentally - My Local Adventures Blog

6 Things Moms Need Daily To Stay Healthy Physically & Mentally

A few weeks ago, I had a migraine and I remember feeling intense pain in my neck. It didn't start all of a sudden as I had been feeling a lot more tired physically and mentally prior to that.

I even talked with a friend who told me to take it easy with whatever I am doing because I need to stay healthy to take care of my daughter.

The most stressful thing about being a mom is having the feeling of not doing enough for your kid(s). This feeling can haunt you throughout motherhood. It can make you stressed out and always want to do more so much that you may begin to neglect your own wellbeing.

We don't have only kids to worry about as mothers. There's also the rest of the family, our friends, taking care of the house, our love life and our jobs to worry about. Adding all these up can make life really stressful for a mom especially when she has to do it all by herself.

Not paying attention to your health as a mom will affect not only you but also your kids. It can make you sick, tired, and stressed and affect your relationship with those around you. If you are in this condition you may not be able to give your children the love and care you always wanted to give them.

That's why it is necessary for moms to take good care of themselves in order to be strong enough physically and mentally to raise their kids.

And in this post, I'm sharing with you six things moms can do to stay healthy physically and mentally so that they can be the best parents possible.

Moms, Do These 6 Things Daily To Stay Healthy Physically & Mentally


Moms, Do These 6 Things Daily To Stay Healthy Physically & Mentally

Eat


It sounds so easy but when you become a mom eating can be a struggle. And by the way, moms do eat to stay alive but most of us don't eat well. Some moms live on coffee throughout the day and others eat snacks because it's fast and easy to make.

I was feeding my daughter the other day I kept thinking of how much I worry about her eating right and having all the necessary nutrients for her to grow and be healthy. Then I remembered that while doing that, I barely have time to eat. This made me decide to eat first each time. Feeding her needs a lot of energy and doing this while hungry can be so draining. So it's important to eat first, mama. Get the strength you need to do the things you have to do.

Sleep


Sleep is medicine. When I had a migraine, I decided to just rest. I couldn't do anything anyway so I had no choice. I left chores like laundry for another day and used my free time to sleep. It took me three days of rest to begin to feel like myself again.

I just wasn't sleeping enough and while I slept I had a lot of things on my mind about what I will do the next day, how to be more organized and how to do things better. These thoughts never end. We are always thinking of how to be better moms every day and we don't realize how tiring it can be trying to be good enough every day. This stress may accumulate and cause fatigue as in my case. And like I said there are many other things to worry about too which may make us really tired at the end of the day.

So take time to sleep, mama. Your body needs it.


Drink lots of water


There are a lot of things that make you lose water as a mom. Sweating from doing chores and running behind your kids and for those who breastfeed that's a major way to lose water.

You need to replace your body's water in order to not dehydrate. Dehydration can make you feel weak, cause headaches and slow you down. Always drink water and eat fruits and vegetables that contain lots of water like watermelon.

Pause


Take breaks. This goes especially to the stay-at-home moms. When you are a stay-at-home mom you can just go on and on non-stop with your kids. You may forget to take a break because you are trying to get things done as much as possible. But I have come to realize that these chores have no end. They just keep coming and you just find yourself always doing something.


You need to take a break mama. Even those who work with organizations and companies have a break time. You need to take a break too. Read this post on five ways you can take a break as a mom to know how to take breaks from your motherhood schedule.

Appreciate yourself


Before anything, I want to let you know that you are doing well mama, though nobody sees you. Just know that you are doing well. You are doing your best and you are highly appreciated.

I know that because I am a mom too and I understand what it means to watch a baby or kids throughout the day non-stop. I was thinking about having a day to myself alone one time then it occurred to me that I have been spending time with my daughter for the past seven months, day in and day out and I am still sane. I need a pat on the back for that. And not only me but all the moms who are doing their best to nurture and protect these kids.

Bravo mama! You are doing well.

Do what you love


This is necessary for your sanity. Your mental health is as important as your physical so do something that you enjoy doing like a hobby so that it will lift your spirit, relax you and give you energy.

This could even be your career. If it means that much to you and gives you so much pleasure, then you should consider it again. Don't let your dreams be drowned by motherhood. Find out how to do both and do it.

Put yourself and your feelings first. Your desires are as important as that of your kids. Don't always show up as their mom, also show up as you. Your personality is important. Don't lose yourself, mama. You need to stay healthy physically and mentally so that those who depend on you will have only the best of you.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment