F Returning periods and contraceptives at 5 months postpartum (after a c-section) - My Local Adventures Blog

Returning periods and contraceptives at 5 months postpartum (after a c-section)

Hope you are doing well.


I was shocked when I discovered that my period was back. I knew it was going to come anytime but I was still surprised to see it. I remember feeling wet that morning but it didn't cross my mind that I could be bleeding. So I went about my morning duties until when I wanted to pee that I discovered it. 

Returning periods and contraceptives at 5 months postpartum (after a c-section)

As I said, I was shocked, but I was happy because I have been sexually active without being on any contraceptives. 

This is because the medical personnel I saw for family planning asked me to wait at least six weeks before taking any contraceptive. He said at the time that the baby may be still too fragile for contraceptives, especially hormonal contraceptives and said I should wait at least six weeks before being on contraceptives. He asked me to come back the first week of June. I didn't go to the rendezvous because I felt like waiting longer and going at six months postpartum.  

Not having my period left me scared of getting pregnant so I was lowkey happy with my period coming back. It will enable me to know my safe and unsafe days.

With my first child, my menstruation returned at six months postpartum, and this time it's five. It was quite painful this time. 

I still intend to go for family planning at six months postpartum to put my mind at rest.

That's my experience and I hope it is helpful information to you in seeking direction on contraceptives after having a baby.


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment