F I shouldn't feel bad about being dedicated to taking care of my family. - My Local Adventures Blog

I shouldn't feel bad about being dedicated to taking care of my family.

I broke down these past days due to stress. 

A combination of things got me restless and stressed. I went back and forth with decisions. 

I shouldn't feel bad about being dedicated to taking care of my family.

One major thing that made me stressed these past days was judging myself for letting motherhood take the most of me.

To be honest, I fear being identified as a mother alone. I want to be more than that. I started thinking to myself that people would judge me for giving myself to motherhood so much that it reflects in my looks and in everything I do.

But then again I thought to myself that my kids are worth dedicating enough time and energy to. It's not easy taking care of them and they need me to be very present in their lives. By the way, I know how I want to bring them up so it's no problem to play an active role in their lives. I may want to have more time to do other things but I shouldn't apologize for putting in much time and energy to bring up my children. I shouldn't also feel bad about being dedicated to taking care of my family.

Then I was also reminded that life is too short to stress over stuff, and I was able to bring myself to relax a little. I need to find more time to smile than to stress.

The rest of the stress left when I went for just a little shopping. Only small shopping o. Shopping is real therapy 😉. I went with no list. In fact, I decided on what to buy in the market or the only way there.

Guess what I bought - foodstuff. Going to the market really distracted me. Stress is not good o. 

While I was stressed, I couldn't eat or think properly. I couldn't even sleep well. I was overthinking a lot of things concerning work too, I felt really tired and unmotivated. 

I'm glad I feel better.

I'm looking forward to a good rest tonight. Hopefully, I continue to feel better tomorrow morning.

And you, how are you feeling? Hope all is well with you.

CONVERSATION

2 Comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with taking care of your children! :)
    It doesn't matter what other people think. If we continuously worry about other's opinions, we'll always remain stuck. Don't ever feel guilty for wanting to be a part of your children's lives....more parents need to be like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you are right. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete