F Embracing the Breeze of Childhood: Rediscovering Presence and Imagination - My Local Adventures Blog

Embracing the Breeze of Childhood: Rediscovering Presence and Imagination

Hi guys, hope you are doing well. I know it's been a few days I haven't posted. I'm sorry guys I've been in my overthinking era and I'm getting out of it. In the meantime let me share with you this experience. 


Embracing the Breeze of Childhood: Rediscovering Presence and Imagination

It was raining this evening and there was no electricity. While I sat in the dark browsing my phone, I feel the breeze from outside with a familiar smell. It's been such a long time I got that smell and it reminded me of when I was very young, maybe still in primary school and I will stand by the window when it rained looking at the drops of water flowing as I listened to the sound it made. 

The smell that reminded me of that moment is the fresh smell of heavy rainfall. I used to love the breeze that carries that smell of rain 🌧️ because it was refreshing to inhale. 

And what stroke me the most about that moment years ago when I was a kid is that I would think only of the rain and sound it was making. I would let myself enjoy the moment and even wander off dreaming about things that made me happy. 

But now I can't enjoy the moment not to talk of dreaming like I used to because of adulthood. My head is full of responsibilities and tasks I have to do all the time. When it's raining I'm already thinking and praying that they should not cut electricity like they did today because I have things to do and the blackout will slow me down. 

Life o. These are the things that make you realize that you are growing old indeed. 😆😆

I thought of this and I wanted to share with you guys because eh. I need to get back to who I used to be when I was a kid. I miss that part of being a child. The ability to be present in moments and dream of anything your imagination can make for you. I think I need to practice it more. What do you think? Did you have such moments as a child? Please share so that we can relive the memories 😊


CONVERSATION

1 Comments:

  1. Hi Abi, I know what you are talking about. Those moments when it really gets dry and hot. You cannot bear the dust anymore and then it rains. Oh, the fragrance is something beyond description. And it is not only the fragrance but also the freshness of the air - so wonderful. Thanks for relieving these moments. I really do miss them too.

    ReplyDelete