F I Tried the Turmeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks! - My Local Adventures Blog

I Tried the Turmeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

A few months into my pregnancy I couldn't control the changes my body and face went through. My skin changed completely and I discovered that all the products or things I tried were to no avail. So my only beauty product at the time was olive oil. I hated any fine smell while pregnant so olive oil was the only thing I used until I put to bed and even a few months after (about four months after).


This post is not about how olive oil saved my beauty life during pregnancy. It is about how I am bouncing back to taking care of my skin again after having a baby. This came about when my face recently broke out uncontrollably. 

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

The thing is while I was pregnant, I suffered from acne during the first months only and by the fifth month, my face was glowing while other parts of my body were just trying their best. This went on till after I gave birth and last month my face was filled with acne again. 

I hope I'm not rambling here but long story short, I decided to take my beauty into my own hands and start caring for my precious skin. 

That's why I decided to try the turmeric and honey mask. 

Tumeric became such a trend at one point in the history of beauty that I wanted to trend with it as well. But I didn't have access to it. Every blogger was talking about or recommending turmeric. And here we are now trending after the trend with no worries. 



Turmeric and Honey face mask - How did it work for me?


Day 1


Here is my face before I used the turmeric. This is the first time I used turmeric on my face. I have eaten turmeric but never used it on my face until now.

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - I Tried the Tumeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

The first day I applied it, I let it stay on for a little more than an hour. My aim was to let it on my face for as long as possible so that I can get better results. I believe that the longer honey is left on the skin, the more it works.

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - I Tried the Tumeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - I Tried the Tumeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

Honestly, I didn't expect the turmeric to be grainy. I thought the powder was very smooth. So after mixing the honey and the turmeric powder, I applied it to my freshly washed face. My face was even still wet when I was applying it. But let it not be too wet as it may make the mixture watery and dripping from your face.

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - I Tried the Tumeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

So while applying the mixture, I rubbed it in a circular motion. This helps to exfoliate as the grains rub the skin. After applying it, I started making faces for the camera - lol.


mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - I Tried the Tumeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

By the time I was ready to wash it off, I wet my hands and scrubbed on my face with my palms to further exfoliate. Please don't do this scrubbing if the skin of your face is fragile or too soft. It could peel it off or give you wounds. Just gently wash it off if you have very soft or fragile skin.

The change I realized after using it on day one was that my face was softer, brighter and smoother. This encouraged me to look forward to applying it again in the days to come and to be consistent with it.

Day 2 - 5


mylocaladventuresblog.blogspot.com - I Tried the Tumeric & Honey Face Mask for Almost Two Weeks!

I was chased and almost stung by a bee. While I did some work outside, a bee followed me because of the smell of the honey. I ran away each time in fear. The bee found a way right into the room where I was and I ran out. I started making sure that I had nothing to do outside when I applied my mask in order to avoid another encounter with the bee. This bee didn't even make the honey I use but it wouldn't let me put my mask in peace oh.

 Day 6 - 9


My face became clearer, smooth and dark spots were less dark but I had the strongest desire to stop doing it because it started feeling like a lot of work. But I kept on and wanted to push myself to do it for two weeks as planned.

On day eight and nine, I added some water to the mixture and kept it for some time before applying to my face. The turmeric was softer and less aggressive to my skin when I rubbed it. I recommend this method when you don't want to scrub your face. Adding water is also good because it enables the components of the mask to deeply penetrate your skin.



Why I didn't do it for two weeks


This face treatment was meant to be done for two weeks but I couldn't go all the way. I was quite busy most of the time and the best times I could apply this mask was when I was doing laundry. But since the bee won't let me do my thing in peace I had to find time specifically for applying this mask which made it feel like a chore. It's easier to do this while doing something else than to do just this alone. I hope you understand what I mean. I had to apply the mask and stay indoors till I get to wash it off. It was hard to deal with that.

Stopping it was not planned though. I realized that I had skipped one day, then another and then another before I made up my mind. I would have loved to do a full two weeks but I couldn't.

My overall thoughts of the mask


It's a good mask! I know you may be thinking 'why stop it if you recommend it?'. But this mask is good because:

- It's natural and there are no side effects

- Honey and turmeric are very good for the skin so mixing them up to apply on the skin is doing your skin a lot of good.

- It softens your skin, brightens your skin and fades dark spots.

- It can also be used to exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells.

- It's affordable and the ingredients are easy to find.



Will I use this mask again?


Definitely yes! I will use it again. Maybe this time once a week. I used it continuously for over a week because I had issues to clear off my face. So now, once a week will do for me.

if you want to try this face beauty mask, please do. But stay indoors if you live where there are flowers because flowers attract bees and bees will question you for using their honey. lol.

With pleasure, I'm glad you read this post and hope you share with your friends. I'll see you in my next one as always.

Ngumabi.

CONVERSATION

4 Comments:

  1. Girl I love this mask. I used lemon, yogurt and turmeric every day for a month. I made the mixture and kept it in the fridge. Lasts for 3 days. My skin has become like a baby's skin. So clear and healthy. The bee joke stung me lol. So funny. Oh no, we robbed their honey. Thanks for that warning when I try using honey this time. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. lol, for real we robbed their honey. I will also try turmeric with lemon and yogurt mask. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I love this realistic write up.Thanks a lot for sharing. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your honest and real account of your experience with the turmeric mask. I am looking very different since the pandemic and nearing age 60. It is time for a fresh face. Thank you ao much!

    ReplyDelete