F Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life. - My Local Adventures Blog

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life.

Hello everyone. 


Good morning. 
It's morning in Yaoundé but if you are in the afternoon or evening then I greet you according to your time. 

I hope you are doing well. As for me I'm fine. God has been good to me and I thank him for everything. 

In my last post I shared that we moved to a new apartment; guys it's been a big change and I'm adapting to it bit by bit. I've been overall heavy to unpack and really organise the house but I can't blame myself at the same time. The beginning of this year has been hard on me mentally and emotionally so I feel the need to rest and relax. And this is difficult to do because I feel like I need to catch up with a lot. 

This feeling was reflected in the day of yesterday. 

A day in My life, Cameroon Yaoundé Lifestyle blogger, Ngumabi

Waking up yesterday morning my plan was to go to the market early enough to buy ingredients for Ekwang: which I did despite the rainy-cold weather and the muddy market. But when I got home, I kept pushing the cooking for later. First I told myself we have had breakfast so I can wait a little, then I discovered we could have some leftover rice for supper so cooking can wait till evening and finally by evening I had other plans to rearrange the kitchen. LoL. And that's how night came without me cooking anything. 


The main reason for pushing cooking for later was because I wanted to complete the brainstorming for my content creation strategy. And I'm glad that at the end of the day after dinner and putting the kids to bed, I was able to come up with something. And I want to use this opportunity to ask you guys what you think about my content when you look at my blog in general? Do you find I'd helpful, entertaining or informative? What do you like the most about my blog? 

Please follow me on social media:







At the end of the day I felt productive because my brainstorming session was complete and the cooking plans were transferred to the next day with relieve. 

Here are a few pictures to further describe my day: 


Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life, Ngumabi, Yaoundé, Cameroon blogger.
It was a challenge to keep avoiding the mud at every step. 

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life, market in Cameroon Yaoundé, Ngumabi.
Another view of the market.

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life,  gizzards, street food Cameroon.
I got fried chicken gizzards. They were so delicious. 

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life, Tigger nuts, Cameroon
Tigger nuts 

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life.
Oranges

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life, boboloh, baton de manioc, Cameroon.
This boboloh was freshly made and it was really good. 

Day in the life : A lazy-productive day of my life.
I don't know how they call this fruit but they look like cherries and I love them. But I was a little disappointed this time because there were more soft ones in the ones I bought than usual. 

I only realized that I didn't take pictures of the Ekwang ingredients while I was uploading these pictures. 

And also as someone who fights for the protection of the environment, I felt bad having some of my items being put in plastic bags despite me taking a shopping bag. At some point everything you buy in the market can't be mixed up in the bag so it's hard to avoid using these single use plastic even when you are environmental conscious. It honestly made me feel bad and I think this is where we need decisions to be made by our leaders to opt for an environmental friendly alternative so that we don't face the difficulty of avoiding plastic in our everyday lives. 

You can read more about my journey and work on environmental protection here: 



I'm going to cook my Ekwang after I publish this post and I have some organisation to do with our clothes. Right now we don't have a wardrobe and finding something to wear is such a challenge when the clothes are mixed. 

Ok guys that's it for now, I'll talk to you later. 
❤️

CONVERSATION

2 Comments:

  1. Thanks Ngumabi. I really loved reading about your lazy day, even if it turned out to be really productive at the end.
    I like your blogs because they are personal and practical. I can read your blog and actually take something from it that I can use - be it cooking tips, other tips and most of all your personal experiences which gives a glimpse into so much and helps me see different perspectives about so many things you have talked about already.
    I also like very much the simplicity of your blogs and the pictures which speak so much for themselves.
    Keep going and looking forward to more content from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm glad you like my blog and that it's helpful to you. Thanks 🙏🏾

      Delete