F Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon - My Local Adventures Blog

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon

Hi my Radiants,

Hope you are doing well.


Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, cooking, yaounde,


It's August, and if you're a parent, especially here in Cameroon, or if your kids are resuming school in September in your country, then most of your thoughts are probably school-oriented at the moment.

It's hard to ignore the school bags and other school items already flooding the markets. I literally have to remind myself that we are still a month away from September so I can relax and enjoy the holiday. 😂

Thankfully, my kids are having a good holiday so far—completely unbothered by all the preparations for next year, of course. Lol


So far this holiday, I've been making interesting snacks to entertain them, including sardine puff-puff, which they love having with milk. I finally figured out the right way to make it after a few failed attempts, and now I can make it quite easily.

Proud of myself. 😂


Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, puffpuff sardine

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, sardine, puff-puff
See the sardine inside? 😌


Remember the walks I talked about in this post? After the few walks I took a couple of weeks ago, I thought I was going to stay consistent and lose a good amount of weight this holiday. Well... that was the plan.

My workout motivation declined, especially when I travelled to spend some time with family. But the motivation is back since I returned, so I'm taking advantage of it and trying to stay consistent.

I'm mostly just going with the flow, but honestly, I'm happy that I'm exercising again.


Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
Went back to my old pair of sneakers while rope jumping

Speaking of travelling, it was a good few days spent with family, and it felt really good to reconnect with things I hadn't done in a long time—like cooking in a firewood kitchen. Lol.

It was actually great.

We also returned home with some foodstuffs and a good quantity of herbs that I harvested for my medicinal tea. I also brought back some branches and seedlings to plant.

So, of course, my little plant collection is growing again. 


Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, cooking, yaounde,
Cooking in this firewood kitchen after a long time

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
Wasn't bothered by the smoke like that, to my surprise. It felt like always.

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
Just giving you a view of the kitchen

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, eru, firewood kitchen, three stone fire place
On the menu was Eru and water fufu. I made just the Eru. Find my Eru recipe here.


Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
Selfie

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, rice and egusi soup
One of the nostalgic meals I ate was this rice and egusi soup with chicken. This is the meal my grandma made on Christmas morning, and we will eat it before going to church on Christmas Day. And this plate you see in this picture has been around for decades. It was so nostalgic eating from it again.

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, achu, recipe, bamenda,
Also had Achu after a long time. It's the traditional meal of my village, and I hadn't eaten it in a while. Plus this one was original from the source. To cook Achu like bafut women do, check this recipe out.

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, pounding achu, bafut village
My mum doing the pounding of the Ach.

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
Another selfie on the eve of the day of our return home

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
My herbs and flowers I put together to travel with

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon
More herbs and flowers, but these were for planting, so I put them in soil in a plastic bag

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, snails
There were lots of snails around the compound and my grandma's garden, and the kids asked us to take some along. I had thought of it before they asked, so I agreed and took a few. They actually made it alive, and now we keep them and feed them in a transparent jar.

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, travelling, guarantee express,
On the bus when we were going back.
Was hoping that I wouldn't get car sick or throw up during the journey like I did when we were going. 

Holiday Days, Travel, Family Time Food & Little Things | Life Lately In Cameroon, bus food, vip ticket, travel
The meal we were served on the bus as we came back. I couldn't eat to reduce the chances of getting car sick. The meal was good, and I wish they would maintain this instead of the sandwich we were given when we were going. 

We are more settled in since we returned. 

Just to share something I found so funny this week, I came across a video on TikTok where a girl made croissants, and they came out very strong or hard. Lol.

😂 I found the video very funny, but the comments were even crazier. I laughed so hard while reading them. Someone said "That's the stone David used to k*ll Goliath"; another person said, "Please send your recipe, cement don cost". Lol. Another person said "She made the cornerstone," and someone else said "Slice them to smaller pieces; you'll get chinchin." One other comment that cracked me up was: " Rock of ages."  I must say people are really very creative with their comments these days, and it's fun reading some comment sections.


That's life lately from here. More updates on our return, settling in, planting my new plants, and more in my next post. 

**

💛 Before You Go...

If you enjoyed spending a little time here, I'd love to have you around.

💌 Join My Radiants on WhatsApp for new blog posts, vlog updates, behind-the-scenes moments, little discoveries, and the everyday thoughts that don't always make it onto the blog. Think of it as a little extension of the blog.

👉 https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Vb7MSFvGufIoG4KYAx01

❤️ Want to support my work?

Every bit of support helps me keep writing, creating, and sharing from this little corner of the internet. Thank you.




CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment