F How to do bantu knots with short hair - My Local Adventures Blog

How to do bantu knots with short hair

I got the idea of doing Bantu-Knots because it is quick and easy to do. My hair was short and I had to make extensions in order to wrap the knots.

Here is how I did it.

Bantu-Knots With Short Hair

How to make Bantu knots with short hair


Generally, it is done with just natural hair. But when your is not long enough like mine was, you may want to add some braiding extensions to your hair to make it work.



First of all, you comb and cut out the hair into equal portions. The size depends on how big or small you want your Bantu knots to be. Then you cut out the hair extensions to a size you prefer as well and braid each portion you separated.

Bantu-Knots With Short Hair

Braid till the end then you wrap each braid into a knot. And voila!

Another method is to section your hair and use thread to tie each section made. Then sew the braided hair extensions around the sections made.


Are Bantu Knots practical to live in?


Bantu knots are great and I love the look quite alright. I love its simplicity. But it's not easy to sleep with Bantu knots. It is practical during the day but when you want to sleep it feels like you are sleeping on small strong balls. Lol.

The method where the hair is braided to the extension is better because I could unwrap the knots at night and wrap them the next morning. 

But the method where the braided extensions are sewn to your hair can't be unwrapped and wrapped at will so you may be forced to sleep with it and it can be uncomfortable.

Bantu-Knots With Short Hair in Cameroon

Overall it's a great hairstyle and now that I know how to manage its inconvenience I think I will be doing it again - but with a brighter colour like pink or white - lol. We'll see.


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment