F How Weaning My Child Affected Me Physically And Mentally - My Local Adventures Blog

How Weaning My Child Affected Me Physically And Mentally

There are things that you wouldn't understand until you experience them. Breastfeeding and weaning are some of those things.

I weaned my baby a month ago and from time to time I still feel a void and an interruption in our bond. I miss breastfeeding her when we lay down after she wakes u at night and is crying. The easy way has always been to breastfeed her back to sleep and I've gotten used to that. Even one month after weaning her it still comes like a reflex.



It's not like the whole breastfeeding process has been enjoyable for me. Not at all. The first three months especially were so painful. I almost gave u breastfeeding. But later it was so enjoyable as it created a very special bond between my baby and me. I planned to continue till she is two years but I just had to stop her now at one year and three months. This is very long for some people I know. Everyone I knew asked me to stop already and for some other reason, I decided to stop.

Related: Why I Stopped Breastfeeding My Baby At One Year Three Months Instead Of Two Years As I Planned

It wasn't just the physical pain of weaning that got to me, but also the psychological. I missed breastfeeding her. I loved and enjoyed her dependence on me for that. It made me feel good and accomplished as a mother. I felt like I actually fed my baby. I was happy that she was happy that I breastfed her. It made me feel satisfied. Weaning was taking that joy away.

It hurt even more when my breasts were full and sore and she was crying so much but I couldn't give her. She even wanted me to carry and hold her but I couldn't because my chest and breasts hurt so much.

It was hard I tell you. But I'm happy we are both recovering from that. She is picking up with eating very well and though she misses breastfeeding from time to time, she is visibly moving on. So am I.

Related: How To Stop Your Baby (Or Kids) From Running Your Life

I never expected that it would affect me mentally. I always thought it was just physical. But a bond is really created between a mother and a child during breastfeeding and that bond can be so strong.


How Weaning My Child Affected Me Physically And Mentally


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment