F 5 Reasons I Stopped Breastfeeding My 15-Month-Old - My Local Adventures Blog

5 Reasons I Stopped Breastfeeding My 15-Month-Old

There are many things we plan to do and end up taking a different courses. Breastfeeding is one of them for me.

Before having my daughter, I told myself I will breastfeed for a maximum of only six months. Then I enjoyed breastfeeding my baby so much that I decided to do so till she is two years.

Everyone was shocked because of my previous view on the matter but because it's difficult to see women who breastfeed for that long nowadays. I was determined though.

Related: How Weaning My Child Affected Me Physically And Mentally

But when my girl turned a year three months, I couldn't continue to breastfeed her and I had to stop.

Here is why.

5 Reasons I Stopped Breastfeeding My 15-Month-Old

 
5 Reasons I Stopped Breastfeeding My 15-Month-Old

1. She demanded it too much


Her demand and need for breastmilk increased and it was hard to keep up as she wasn't eating much at the time. She would even just suck for the pleasure of it. Her waking up in the night to breastfeed made me worry about not having enough breastmilk for her.

This made me worried and I preferred to stop breastfeeding her.

2. My nipples became sore again


I suffered sore nipples at the beginning of my breastfeeding journey and it was so painful. This time, because she had developed teeth she was fond of holding my nipple with them so it gave me wounds which were hard to health as she breastfed.

This also pushed me to wean her before two years as I planned.

3. I didn't have much time to dedicate to other projects.


Breastfeeding puts you in one position for a while and I was doing that many times a day and even at night. It took away time that I could use to work on my projects.

4. She still woke up in the night to breastfeed


While most kids slept till morning since they were one month old, my daughter still woke up at night to breastfeed. This habit I thought was going to stop somewhere along the line but it didn't.

So I decided to wean her in order to change that.

5. I felt it was better to stop her from breastfeeding for fear that it may be more difficult to stop her at two years old.


It seemed like in two years she will be more addicted to breastfeeding so I had to stop her so that it doesn't get more difficult to wean her in the future.

Those are the things that made me stop breastfeeding my 15-month-old.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment