F How to exfoliate your skin at home - My Local Adventures Blog

How to exfoliate your skin at home

Exfoliating makes up a huge part of my beauty routine every week. I use up to three products weekly to exfoliate my skin. 

It reduces my chances of developing acne, brightens my skin, and removes dead skin cells and impurities. That's why I take exfoliating my skin seriously.

In a previous post, I shared how I spa at home. Exfoliating is part of my spa routine. You can read about my spa routine by clicking here

How I exfoliate my skin weekly


How to exfoliate your skin at home

I use a face & body scrub, sea salt and bathing gloves. 

I don't usually use all three products at the same time but sometimes I use only two of them at once. So I can use the scrub and then the sea salt (that's what I use often). Some other times when I want to deeply exfoliate especially when I haven't exfoliated in a long time, I use the gloves then the body scrub or all three. 

How I use the scrub


The scrub basically consists of wetting your skin and then applying the scrub before rubbing it on the skin in a circular motion. I prefer to take my bath or shower before I exfoliate in order to soften the skin cells and make them easy to scrub out. 

Sometimes on the day before I exfoliate, I make sure I moisturize my skin properly just to make sure that the dead skin cells soften. This makes it easy for the dead skin cells to come off. I use glycerine or any other moisturizing cream/lotion to moisturize my body in preparation for the next day's exfoliation. 

How I use the sea salt


I exfoliate with sea salt by applying it directly to my wet skin. 

I did a post on how I use sea salt for brighter skin so click the link below to see the full details.

How I brighten my skin with sea salt


How I use the gloves


It's just like bathing with a sponge. Wear the gloves, wet your skin, rub soap on the gloves and gently scrub your skin to remove the dead cells and impurities. 

I use the sea salt after I scrub with the body scrub and gloves because my skin can easily absorb the salt when it's clean making it more effective. 

That's how I remove dead cells from my skin. I hope you liked this post. 


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment