F I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately - My Local Adventures Blog

I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately

The Big Brother Naija reality show came to an end without me watching it on TV! I only followed the show on social media (Instagram) and I'm happy with the winner. In fact, the top two were fantastic. I hope this will help to show that good character can take you a long way. Dorathy survived many evictions because of her self confidence and Laycon just stayed so humble until the end. I really wish Dorathy had won but I have no problem that Laycon won. Good luck to them as they face life out of the house. 


Life after Big brother has been just calm as I was actually worried that someone else apart from my top two will win the money. I consulted Instagram a lot just to get updates on Big Brother Naija Lockdown and now that it's over, I now realize that the show really kept me on social media longer than usual. I got the best updates from Instagram accounts like @BlessingCEO & others. So I can say that I didn't miss out on the show that much. I need to get my TV cable situation fixed soon so that I can watch TV and feel human again. lol


I don't really miss TV but I feel the need to watch it, you know. I am so busy during the day that I don't get bored that easily. Well, except when I have no internet I get bored. But I just want the TV to be on so that while I work or cook or do other house chores I can entertain myself or catch up on shows I haven't seen in a while. I'm also feeling the need to get cable because of my one and a half-year-old daughter who wouldn't leave my side and definitely needs a distraction so that I can have a break from her from time to time. I love my baby girl so much but she is so glued to me that it's hard for me to work and go about my daily activities without her interrupting. I need to get the cable situation sorted out! God help me. 


This weekend I made and ate Khoki beans. It's a long-time-no-eat and I have been craving it for weeks. It took me almost a whole day to cook it but I enjoyed myself after that. I have a recipe of how to cook fluffy Khoki beans which you can read by clicking here


This makes me want to tell you that last week I ate quails for the first time and it was so good! We made it with spaghetti sauteed without tomatoes at home. You can check out the recipe by clicking here. It was delicious! It was also interesting to taste its small but very nourishing eggs too. I had some boiled and fried. lol. Just wanted to try different versions of it.

I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately

I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately

I have heard a lot of good things about quail and its eggs and it was good to finally have a taste of it. I love eating good food and I make the effort to cook well because of that. I don't want to deny myself the little pleasures of life like eating good food so I make the effort to make at least one meal I really feel like eating every week.


My weekend was filled with good food as well as the blackout we had on Saturday. It lasted from morning to 6pm! Can you imagine they took electricity just when I was setting up my computer to work? I was so furious but I had to calm down myself and make my day more useful by cooking and prepping the Okro soup I cooked on Sunday evening. I just got everything ready and put in the fridge with hopes that the electricity will return. I also had some clothes washed after that and did some little cleaning of the floor. I really tried because after that I was damn tired. 


The moment I thought I should rest a bit on my bed and scroll through my phone (social media, lol) to finish my remaining battery, that's when the lights came. I then felt like working again so I stayed up until almost midnight working and catching up so that I have less work on Sunday.

Sunday was eventually a more relaxed and calm day. We had some delicious fried plums in the morning, click here for the recipe. It rained in the afternoon and I had more time to create content for my Facebook page. I feel so good to have accomplished that and it makes me look forward to the new week on the optimistic side.


I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately

I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately

I 'Watched' Big Brother Naija Lockdown Only On Social Media | Life Lately, cameroon, plums

The day ended with us swallowing some okro soup with rice fufu. I have a quick recipe for okro soup. You can click here to see.

I hope your week went well. 


CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment