F How We Spent New Year's Day 2021 - My Local Adventures Blog

How We Spent New Year's Day 2021

 Happy happy new year 🎉🎉🎈 everyone!


I feel so uplifted and lighter this 2021. I hope you do too. 2020 has been a tough year no doubt. In fact, it has been my worse year yet even though it has taught me another side of life.


That's why I'm so grateful to God that the year 2020 is done, dusted and gone! 


How We Spent New Year's Day 2021


On New Year's Eve, I was gifted a cake by my landlady. It was so delicious. We ate it until the morning of New year's day.


homemade cake, baking, cameroon


To celebrate 🥂 the day, we cooked Achu for New year's day. I already shared the recipe here on the blog.


To be honest with you guys this is my first time cooking Achu. I have only assisted and helped my mom and grandma to cook it but I've never cooked it alone.

I'm so glad the meal came out very delicious 😋🤤 and everyone loved it.

I made njama njama (contry-style) and njakatu (garden eggs) to accompany the Achu. It was fantastic.


In preparation to celebrate the day, I went to the market on New Year's Eve and bought the food items. Then I got most of them ready before the next day because I knew the pounding of the Achu will take most of my time. I cleaned and packed the cocoyam' in the pot, I also cooked the meat, canda and fish. Then I went and did my hair. I fixed the vegetable (njama njama) in the night while waiting for midnight to come. I finally finished it after midnight. I then wrote a blog post for you guys to wish you a happy new year then I went to bed. 


Also Read: Happy New Year 2021

                   How I Did My Hair on New Year's Day 2021


In the morning we pounded the Achu then sat down together in the evening and had a great time with family. 


achu in a pot, achu cocoyams, achu banana, cooking achu, bafut, cameroon, northwest region cameroon, meals cameroon
Achu cocoyam and achu banana 

njama njama, vegetables, huckleberry, cameroonian food, khati khati
Njama njama

garden eggs, njakatu, achu,
Njakatu (Garden eggs)

doing my hair, hair saloon, cameroon
Doing my hair

njama njama, vegetable, huckleberry, fixing
Fixing the vegetable while waiting for midnight

Malta guinness, cameroon, drinking
My drink to welcome the new year at midnight

drinking malta guinness
Cheers!

pounding achu, cameroon, cocoyams, food, bafut, anglophone

achu soup, yellow soup, portash, limestone, cameroonian food, taro, sauce jaune, meat, canda

I hope that the day was great for you guys too. 

Keep staying positive this new year.



CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment