F Throwback to a difficult time in my life | Ngumabi - My Local Adventures Blog

Throwback to a difficult time in my life | Ngumabi

Hi and welcome to the Throwback series.

Hope you are loving it so far.

Today's picture was taken on Christmas day in the year 2011. I remember I took this picture on my way to church. 

Throwback to a difficult time in my life, Ngumabi

There was a photo studio a few meters from the church and I went in to take a photo before the service started to have a memory of the day. I also wanted to immortalise how beautiful I looked. This dress I wore was given to me by my mum and it used to be a short sleeve dress that I modified to what you see in the photograph. The flower at the side was a hair accessory I thought will look good on this outfit. I had a jacket But I took it off for the picture. 

This was in Yaounde and I was not very happy. My eyes even look sad in this photo. It was a difficult period in my life and I was only beginning to feel like I was recovering. As I mentioned in the previous throwback post, I had issues with my final year results and I went through a difficult breakup. The effects of these incidents were still lingering and I was depressed for a while. I was hard on myself and others as I tried to get out of the situation. I stepped back and away from my family and friends and I let time help me heal. 

I later had to resit the courses because my complaints were not yielding any fruit and little by little I got over my breakup. 

That's the story behind this photo. 

Thanks for reading.

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment